World Traveler is the 5th season 3 episode of Kids Incorporated and 57th episode overall. In this episode, the kids meet a self-styled "world traveler".
The kids are performing a cover of "You Belong to the City" where a mysterious youngster enters. During a break, Riley tries his hand at a magic trick before Gloria complains about the price of the refreshments when the youngster appears. Introducing himself as John Thomas Roberts, he offers to cover the cost and presents himself as a "citizen of the world"; proceeding to compliment Kids Inc. and tell of his various trips while outdoing Riley's magic tricks.
The kids have a trick of their own, returning to the stage ("I Like the Weekends") before returning to chat with John, whose tales have convinced the kids of his experiences...except for Ryan. Ryan's suspicions are raised when this and other tales don't add up, eventually leading the others to wonder about whether their guest is being honest about his travels; setting up "Who's Johnny?"
Back at the P*lace, Renee and Stacy are reenacting some of John's tales when Ryan notices the cape and several other items have one thing in common: They came from Collins' Department Store 3 miles down. After being confronted, John confesses to being a runaway; feeling that due to financial problems (his dad lost his job and their house) and felt that he was being a burden to his parents ("Never").
Eventually, the kids and Riley convince John to return home, setting up the closing song ("If You Leave") as John leaves to return home.
- Marta "Martika" Marrero (credited as Martika) - Gloria
- Ryan Lambert - Ryan
- Rahsaan Patterson - The Kid
- Renee Sandstrom (credited as Renee Sands) - Renee
- Stacy Ferguson - Stacy
- Robert Jayne (credited as Bobby Jacoby) - John Thomas Roberts
- Moosie Drier - Riley
- Darren Lee
- Mario Lopez
- Gina Marie Vinaccia
- Andrea Paige Wilson
- "You Belong to the City" (Glenn Frey cover; lead vocals by Ryan, Gloria and Stacy)
- "I Like the Weekends" (Kids Incorporated original; lead vocals by Kid, Renee, Stacy, Gloria and Ryan)
- "Who's Johnny" (El DeBarge cover; lead vocals by Kid)
- "Never" (Heart cover; lead vocals by Gloria)
- "If You Leave" (Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark cover; lead vocals by Stacy)
- One of the things Ryan cites to poke holes in Johnny's story is that bulls charge at the color red. This is a common misconception because bulls are red and green color-blind (the movement of the matador's cape is the actual trigger)
- This is the second of four episodes (along with the previous season's "The Great Comeback" and later episode "Roughing It" from Season 6 and Season 9's "One Man Band") dealing with the issue of homelessness.